Med Transit, LLC. Services – Hospital Discharge
Med Transit is your locally owned and operated, Texas non-emergency medical transportation service provider. Our public medical transit services offer courteous staff and excellent customer service. You should never settle for anything less from your provider of healthcare services.
If you need to be picked up from the hospital after discharge and transported home, we’d love to get you there. All our vehicles are within ADA compliance, we offer wheelchair accessible vans, as well as ambulatory vehicles (mini-vans & vans). Our caring staff understand our patients’ diverse needs. Our professional staff are trained to assist patients with limited ability and special needs.
All of our staff are CPR certified and go through Clear Nationwide Criminal Background checks. We only operate vehicles with clean motor vehicle records. Our drivers go through ongoing training, initial training, as well as participate in ongoing education and are always kept up to date on the best practices of the health care field.
You might have a few questions to ask us about your hospital pick-up. We’re always here to answer your questions if you’d like to give us call, but here’s a few of our most common concerns.
Questions & Answers
- I thought non-emergency medical transport was to get back and forth to doctor’s appointments only, I can get a ride home from the hospital?
- Absolutely! Here at Med Transit, we know situations come up that can’t always be prepared for. We understand that you may have gone to the hospital in an ambulance or were dropped off without a way to get home. After spending time in the hospital, all you want to do is get home, we get that. That’s why we’re here to get you home safely.
- How much time to I need to allow when scheduling a ride?
- While it’s always best to schedule in advance, we have 24/7 dispatching service and always strive to get you a ride as soon as possible.
- Will I be able to travel in my wheel chair?
- Yes, our vehicles are equipped with wheelchair access should you require it.
- If I have a family member with me at the hospital, can they come home with me as well?
- Yes, as long as we are notified in advance, we are more than happy to bring your family member along with you.
- Should I call in advance for hospital pick up, or wait till I am actually ready to leave?
- If you only know the date of release, and not the actual time, it is best to wait until you are fully ready to leave. If our staff arrives to pick you up, and you are unable to leave they may not be able to wait for you, if a scheduling conflict arises.
Always Choose Med Transit, LLC. for Your Patient Care Ride
We want to help those in need in the most dignified manner with respect, kindness, and compassion. We’ll help you wherever you are, whoever you are. Call us to schedule your non-emergency hospital pick up today!